Student Advocacy Councellor
Duclos School is happy to have the services of a Student Advocacy Counselor. Our school counselor provides a wide range of counseling services for students and families, including individual counseling, student support groups, in class presentations, and consultations. Our counselor takes an active role in school programs to support student leadership and positive behaviour by all students. Please feel free to stop by, or call if you have any questions or concerns.
Message from our Student Counsellor
Welcome Duclos Elementary School students and families to the 2020-2021 school year! I hope you all had a fun and relaxing summer vacation.
My name is Janice Baillargeon and I am the School Advocacy Counselor. My role is to be an advocate for your child and work collaboratively with students, parents, teachers and administrators to ensure this school year will be full of positive and successful experiences for all students.
The Goals of the Duclos Elementary School Counseling Program Are:
- To develop personalized programs based on each student’s strengths and needs.
- To help students understand themselves and others.
- To assist students in identifying and dealing with problems.
- To facilitate the identification of students with special needs.
- To provide crisis intervention when necessary.
- To coordinate referrals to school and community support services.
- To serve as a resource to students, parents, teachers, and administrators.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact me at 780-826-3992.